Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hadlee's 1 year check-up

Hadlee went to see Dr. Harris today. She is now 30 inches long/tall, and 20 lbs. 12 oz. She has been staying right in the middle of normal in her height and weight, but this time things were a little different. She's still in the middle weight-wise, but her height is now up at the top of normal. Dr. Harris said, "Long and lean! That's how I like 'em!" lol
Okay, that's the "nice info"; unfortunately, a 1-year check-up also calls for shots. I know...I know, that's nothing to blog about. It's not the fact she had shots; it's the "how many". All I gotta say is the genius who invented the chart - ya know the one that says when a baby gets what shots - is NOT a mommy. :) They poked her 5 TIMES in her poor thighs - 2 in one, 3 in the other. Then they had the nerve to send us down to the lab to do the lead blood test. I thought it would be a simple toe prick - nothing she'd even feel. But of course they have to get out a tourniquet and needle on a syringe and draw a "couple cc's" while I lay beside her and pin her to the bed. (AFTER I had pinned her down for the exam and held her head while she held her breath through the shots) I'm really not sure who's "worse for the wear" - Hadlee or Mommy!

Hadlee with her bandages posing accordingly...lol. The blue coconut slush around her mouth just adds to the pitiful look. (thanks, daddy!)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Clayton had his first shot on Thursday. It's so pitiful to see them cry, but of course we want them healthy and disease-free. :-)

Holly said...

absolutely! but 5 at once? she's feelin' it today, poor girl

Jana said...

OHHH, I HATE shot apts.!! Even after four babies, I still feel so bad for them. One thing I didn't realize until recently, you can ask that they not "stick" your child more than 3x's in one visit. I know that just means more shots for later, but....

Tell Timothy we'll miss having him(and you to :-) here for this opening weekend of Deer Season,...I guess that's what happens when you more to KS. :-)

NatalieJo said...

Oh, that little face IS so pitiful!! Poor thing! I do feel your pain. :) Hope she is feeling all better soon.

Sarah said...

Holly--- I have to admit--- your blog is so fun to read--- it's like a total conversation with you reading it- cuz you type how you would say it! I love it... I love seeing all the pictures of Hadlee--Kindof makes me want one... Then I start listening to the music on your blog and I don't think I could stand letting my baby grow up (I know-- you can't stop them!)
Anyway... hope Hadlee's feeling better now!