Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year - New Start!

Happy new year, everyone! There's a feeling of newness and change - good change! - in the air here. Now if the air would just lose it's sinus congestion and cough germs so we could all be healthy again! (I've almost forgotten what it feels like to breathe through my nose... :))

Anyway, with the new year, Timothy and I are working to integrate some specific goals and changes in our personal lives as well as our home. I'm very excited about our actions, and am hoping for a good, productive - organized!! - year! If you know me at all, you know that organization is something I thrive on - even if my house has moments where it appears to be totally void of organization. :) I'm not going to blog daily about my successes/failures, but I may pop in occasionally to update, and thereby keep myself accountable.

One of the main areas I'm excited about is finances. We've already done a lot in this area over the last 6-8 months, and I'm looking forward to having the vehicle debt gone (the last of our Baby Step 2)!! (For anyone who hasn't heard of Dave Ramsey, I'd strongly recommend you check out his program!)

Also, I'm trying to tame my perfectionism and work on being a more involved mommy. :) Right now, with housework, laundry, meals, keeping the finances updated, and the care of a 3 year old and 8 month old, I don't feel like I have much left. It's very important to me to have things neat and organized and for my husband to come home to a clean house. However, in the bustle to keep everything together, I don't want to neglect the greatest things in my home - my children! It's extremely hard for me to relax in a messy house, but I'm proud to say I've put off dealing with some messes (that I must say were grating on my last nerve!) to spend time with them over the past few days. And it turned out okay! My house is currently clean - and we both won! :)

Most importantly, I want to build a stronger relationship with the two most important "people" in my life - my husband and my God. I'm determined to have a deeper, more committed love for both by the end of 2011!

Okay, this has turned into an extremely wordy post - all this to say it's a new year! :) Oh, and I intend to do more blogging over the next year - so don't give up; keep checking back! ;)

No comments: