Monday, March 8, 2010

30 weeks and counting! :)

We've had a couple of crazy weeks, but God has been good!! On February 19, after eight weeks of running back and forth to doctors and the hospital, they finally got a positive test that I was indeed ruptured. I was transferred to OU Medical Center, and they said I wouldn't be leaving until Tanner was born. They gave me tons of antibiotics and two steroid shots to help his lung development, and said they'd deliver me at 34 weeks. That meant 6 weeks in the hospital! For those of you who know how attached Hadlee is to me, you can imagine how impossible this sounded. :) My mom was here at the time, and she stayed for the first week, and Timothy's parents came for the second week. However, I didn't leak after the night I was admitted - at all. The doctors told me that just doesn't happen - said I should definitely still be leaking at least a little. The first night (Friday), my fluid level was a 5; by Monday morning, it was up to 10.1! It just continued to climb - 10.9 the next Monday, 11.4 the next Friday. Because I wasn't leaking and my fluid levels were up and since we live in the City, the doctors agreed to let me do "bed rest" at home. Sooo thankful to be home, as are Timothy and Hadlee! :) My mom is here for this week and possibly next week, after which my in-laws are ready to come if needed. So thankful to have great families who are happy to come and help out!
Now, I'll have weekly appointments with complete ultrasounds at the high-risk pregnancy clinic at OUMC. If things continue as they are, I'm hoping to be able to carry full-term. However, if I have any more problems, they will still take him at 34 weeks.
God has been amazing - there are so many things that could have gone very differently! Here's a couple of pics from the hospital. Didn't do a very good job of taking pics, but who wants pics of a hospital stay??? :)
the entrance to the Children's Hospital at OUMC - on my wheelchair ride outside. :)
my grandparents got to come up for a day! very nice to see them, and Hadlee loved playing with Meme. (Notice Meme's doll and stethoscope - they got her a Baby Alive get-well doll)
sooo sad! Hadlee leaving the hospital. :( This was definitely the hardest part of everyday!
Hadlee "pushing" daddy - actually think I was supposed to be in the wheelchair...
30 weeks and counting! :) It's amazing to actually be here - the doctors told me at 19 weeks that it was just a matter of time before I would go into labor.
I repeat: God is so good!

1 comment:

The Arender's said...

We are so thankful that you got to go home! You all have been in our prayers. Hope things go well from this point on. Hopefully we can see you all soon - somehow.